How to Reach Gold Status After Two Flights!

I reached Platinum status with Continental in the last 6 years easily with the amount of flights that I used to do. Some years I even reached Platinum before June, however this year with the economical situation and the fact that business is simply down I figured this is the year that I won’t make it to Platinum. Earlier this year Continental announced a “Double EQM” promotions which simply said that you will earn double EQM on any CO flight that is flown before June 15th. I wasn’t sure if it will make much difference but decided to register anyway (it’s free so why not?).

So like I originally thought I didn’t have a chance to fly too much this year (yet) for business. I had a couple of flights to NY and two flights to Israel. To my surprise this was enough to make it to Gold already which means I still have a great chance to complete 25,000 EQM more before the end of the year Party

So how did I cross the magical number of 50,000 EQM using this promotion?

Flight EQM
RDU-LGA (Delta) 250 (50% with partners) Phbbbttt
JFK-RDU (Delta) 250 (50% with partners) Phbbbttt
RDU-TLV 12,384 (double EQM) Party
TLV-RDU 12,384 (double EQM) Party
RDU-EWR 1,000 (double EQM) Party
EWR-RDU 1,000 (double EQM) Party
RDU-TLV 18,576 (150% EQM * 2) Silly
TLV-RDU 6,192 “only” since I returned after 6/15 Sad
Total 52,036 Applause

0 comments: