Nano Me 3.0

image

My amazing soon-to-be-wife bought me the new iPod Nano 8GB for my birthday! This would be the 3rd iPod that I purchase (had the classic 3 years ago, then got the Mini and now the Nano 3.0) actually the 4th if you count the Nano 2.0 that I bought my sister. I think that Steve Jobs should start giving a couple of Apple shares if you bought more than one iPod, after all their share has been going crazy thanks to the iPod sales in the past 4 years. Who remembers today that 10 years ago the situation was so bad that there were rumors about closing the company and Microsoft came to save them and invested $150 million in Apple and in return they develop Office for Mac... Ho well... Let's stop talking business and move on to the pleasure:

The first time you hold the new Nano in your hand you think "Damn that thing is small"! At the beginning I was a bit skeptical to watch video on it because of the size of the screen, but I must say that the resolution (320x240) is amazing and after you start watching a show you don't notice the size. Besides, it beats opening your laptop in coach and try to watch a movie/show...

The battery life is great! I've downloaded from iTunes 4 free TV shows and a bunch of video Podcasts to watch on my flight to Amsterdam and after watching about 2 hours of video and hearing music the rest of the flight I only used about 25% of the battery.

The "Cover Flow" mode to browse albums is great! It's the same as on iTunes and allows you to select an album to listen by flipping through the album covers.

The only thing missing right now is a cover / case (which they still don't have in the Apple stores...) to protect this fragile beauty.

0 comments: