WN 1945: RDU-LAS

image 7:15 in the morning and I'm on my way to CES 2008 in Las Vegas. I decided this time to get the Southwest flight which is the only direct flight form Raleigh to Las Vegas and also pretty convenient since it arrives 9:30 am and gives you a full day in the city to enjoy before the convention starts. When I got the boarding area I was introduced to the new boarding system that Southwest implemented and I have to say that it has it's positive things and also negative things.

The good thing is that with the new system that each person has a number assigned you don't have to stand in your line (A/B/C) an hour before the boarding to try and get a normal seat, the bad thing is that for each boarding group they arrange in the boarding area ~50 people in groups of 5 according to their assigned number and there's simply not enough room in the boarding area to do this. Once people stand in their spot in the line I have to say that the boarding goes pretty fast. People simply walk according to the line and seat in the first available spot they see.

0 comments: