Dropped my BlackBerry One Too Many Times

I got my BlackBerry 8800 almost two years ago pretty much when it was first released (you can see I even have of the first shipped out with the Cingular branding which was later replaced with AT&T). I have to say that the BlackBerry is a very durable device. I dropped it many times, but the worst that typically happen was that the battery cover would pop up, releasing the battery and causing the device to reboot, but after a few minutes it will come back to life and was as good as knew. My BlackBerry has many scratches to show for all the different falls but last week I think I dropped it from too high…

I was going up the stairs when the BlackBerry slipped and dropped all the way down. This time not only the battery cover opened, but the trackball popped out as well (as you can see in the picture). I was able to put it back together somehow, but you can still see it’s not completely even. Of course the trackball feels weird when I use it and is not as responsive as it was before. Since AT&T finally announced that the Bold will be available Nov 4th maybe this is a sign for me to go and upgrade Big Grin

image

0 comments: