Your Personal Travel Assistant

I've used WorldMate a few years ago when I was using my iPaq on a daily basis (imagepretty much until I got my first BlackBerry...). I was happy to see that they decided to release a free "limited" version for BlackBerry users called WorldMate Live.

I've downloaded the BlackBerry client and also the Outlook plug-in and I must say it works great! the "limited" functionality they provide is pretty much all you need to manage your itineraries on the go.

WorldMate Live allows you to create your trip itineraries and include in it flights, hotels, cars, meetings and public transportation. The information is imported automatically using the Outlook plug-in, by parsing the reservation confirmation you receive from the different vendors and then synchronized over-the-air with your BlackBerry! They support most travel agencies, airlines and hotel chains for the automatic import. For a full list of supported vendors click here. After important the trip details, you can manage everything online on their Web site and the changes will be synchronized to your BlackBerry again.

Another nice feature I've noticed already is that it is integrated with BlackBerry Maps, so from your hotel reservation on the BlackBerry, you can map the hotel and then get directions to it.

If you really want to pay for their Gold Membership you will get additional services like flight alerts, flight status, flight schedules, travel directory. Most of these things (if not all of them) you can get anyway from the air line web sites.

0 comments: